The launch of the Governmental Clientline, a health information service in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in 2019, has shown that the public is in dire need of a reliable, complex health care and public health fact-based information centre that is accessible 24 hours a day.
Egészségvonal was launched with authentic content to provide such a platform where people can get relatable and useful information on health topics.
1812 - National Health Information Centre
The egeszsegvonal.gov.hu website and the contact centre aims to:
- increase public confidence and satisfaction with healthcare;
- optimise patient journeys, and thus the management of the healthcare system, by improving knowledge of the healthcare system;
- reduce patient flows to overburdened emergency care providers, GP services, ambulance services and emergency departments;
- reduce unnecessary doctor-patient encounters, thereby reducing the spread of epidemics by reducing the risk of infection;
- provide credible and reliable information to citizens and help them navigate the healthcare system;
- and serve as a direct channel between citizens and government, authorities and institutions.
In addition, our site will also provide:
- detailed information on healthy lifestyles and health promotion;
- disease descriptions in plain language;
- descriptions of all publicly available medicines;
- descriptions of all health services and care and information on how to use them.
Please note, that some of the abovementioned content are only available in Hungarian. NNK, however, continuously work on the development of the site.
In case you need additional help and information in English, please call the contact centre by dialling 1812 (or +36 1 550 1812 from abroad) and ask for an English-speaking operator.